Friday, February 4, 2011

Running with Step-in's: My friend's CRAZY KAI excitement ! ! !

STEP-INs ?


As I was doing my long run this morning, the tracks that I was listening to was interrupted by a text message from my friend, ULTRACOP Max Macua whom I introduced to KAI.
The message goes: "Doc good morning, ni apil ko ug 10k fun run karon buntag(02-05-11) dri Tagbilran, nag barefoot ko (he meant KAI's), naka Sub 1 hour ko, ang naka paet lng kay na putol ang strap sa akoa sandal"

Then I thought, "na buang na jud ni si Max, pag huwebes nag 16km with KAI's(his first run with it), and now a sub 1hour 10k for his second try??"

What a crazy feat !

So I replied to his SMS: "Unya naka daug ka?"
Max: "Wa oi, pero kadaug unta ko kung nag sapatos pa ko, hehehe."
Me: " Cge lang kay murag sikat man ka sa imong KAI's."
Max: " Mao lagi, na gubot sila ngano kunong nag STEP-IN ko, bwahahaha"

I broke into  laughter when I read his last sms. Step-in !

And then it hit me! STEP-IN's indeed. The word reminds me of my childhood when my mother asks me to clean her sandals, and the exact word she was using were: STEP-IN.

Ultracop Max (bib # 236, 1st from right)


Disclaimer:


For those who plans to do the same act,  pls dont try this at home, or proceed with caution, aron di ma injured. 


Officer Max was a track and field varsity  of U.V. during his college days, concentrating with 200-meter sprint and 400meter hurdles. Aside from several months of training before becoming a PNP officer, and the usual weekend fun runs he has finished, he already had 2 marathons( his first in 04:16:42, 34th Milo Marathon Manila Elims & his 2nd, Cebu Marathon 01-09-11) and a 50k ultra under his belt, all three events done within 6 months.


By the way, he told me that one of his most memorable moment  during the last 50k ultra was when somebody, a runner wearing an UNGO Ultra shirt, (he described as an "older guy"), who passed him and chanted: "EAT MY DUST!"
All he had was praises for this "older guy" as he was not able to keep up with Mr. Eat my Dust ! I told him that I know who Mister Eat my Dust is and I know for a fact that he really is fast. Faster than a JOGGER/WALKER  like me ! hehehehe.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! Grabeha sa ultracop oi! I'd like to be there when the ULTRACOP meets the HUARACHEROD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Si Sir Wellah jud to ang ni ingon eat my dust. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jacob:Sm2Sm run, mo dagan sya sir J. pero he will be pacing his lady friend.
    But he is keen on uisng his pair for the 65km.

    @Coleen: tumpak !

    ReplyDelete